The pros and cons of real and fake lawn
Joondalup Turf Farm determines which kind of lawn saves the planet and your pockets!Joondalup Turf Farm determines which kind of lawn saves the planet and your pockets!
It’s a debate that has the ability to truly divide the masses, real versus fake grass.
This argument all comes down to what will suit each individual and their lifestyle. Do you have kids or pets? Are you a keen gardener with a green thumb or the complete opposite? Do you spend all of your time indoors or outdoors? All of these and more are factors that should be considered when deciding what kind of turf is right for you.
In this blog post, Joondalup Turf Farm looks at all the pros and cons when it comes to natural and artificial lawn.
- Natural lawns generate significant amounts of oxygen, as well as improve air quality.
- Turf can trap and store carbon that might otherwise contribute to global warming.
- Your soil can benefit greatly from natural lawn clippings as it improves activity, reconditioning and quality.
- Lawns can purify rainwater and improve groundwater quality.
- In a street of 8 average houses, front lawns have the cooling effect of 70 tonnes of air conditioning.
- Turf absorbs dust and pollen from plants, which can reduce the effects of hayfever.
- Well-maintained grass around buildings helps to retard the spread of fire, which is particularly helpful throughout WA due to our high temperatures.
- Although some maintenance is required, lawn addicts consider the upkeep of their grass to be a relaxing pass time.
- Natural turf can reduce runoff, helps recharge underground aquifers, and reduces soil erosion caused by water and wind.
- Some people prefer the natural look of real lawn over the sometimes ‘artificial’ appearance of fake lawn.
- Outdoor areas with natural grass can work wonders for people’s physical and mental well-being.
- The installation process is effortless when you seek advice from a turf supplier like Joondalup Turf Farm.
- Natural grass can be considered as not as durable as artificial turf. It can tend to show degradation over time if there are high amounts of foot traffic if the lawn is not well-maintained.
- More time is required to care for real turf as compared to artificial turf. Investment in equipment for garden and lawn maintenance is also needed.
- Real lawn does call for a relatively high amount of watering in comparison to fake lawn.
- You can save a significant amount of water when you have a fake lawn.
- If you don’t have much of a green thumb, fake grass may be the right choice for you. There’s little to no maintenance required.
- Some dog owners prefer artificial grass because it prevents their dogs from digging holes and their urine doesn’t damage the grass.
- Parents may choose fake lawn over real lawn as it is allergy free and stops kids running through the house leaving muddy footprints everywhere.
- Artificial grass looks good all throughout the year, regardless of what season it is.
- Fake lawn can tend to appear as artificial and many people prefer the natural look.
- Artificial grass is quite expensive, usually adding up to about double the cost of installing natural lawn.
- When artificial lawns are well-maintained they can last for around 25 years, but many of the standard warranties only last about 7 to 10 years. You may find that your lawn will need replacing or repairing after this time.
After weighing up all the pros and cons of real and fake lawn, it is clear that there is an overarching winner! Real lawn is the ultimate choice if you’re hoping to save some money, have a positive impact on the environment, and enjoy a beautiful green lawn that looks and feels natural.
If you’re looking for the best lawn turf in Perth, look no further than Joondalup Turf Farm!
We’re not just your trusted turf farm, we also provide delivery throughout the Perth metropolitan area. Joondalup Turf Farm is open 7 days a week for pick up if that is more convenient for you. All you have to do is give us a call and we can have your order ready for collection in an hour.
If you’re unsure about what kind of lawn will suit your outdoor area, do not stress! We always have friendly staff ready to help when it comes to preparing for new lawn turf, installation, grass maintenance, all the way through to lawn repair. There is no problem that we can’t solve!
Feel free to give us a call at (08) 9404 7821 if you have any queries about Perth turf.February 02, 2023